Subject: CrossDOS
From: [email-masked] (Douglas Nakakihara )
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 17:19:53 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:

>My school just got a Raptor 3 266Mhz computer to do all the rendering
>on....However, as of now, its just sitting in a corner collecting
>dust....why?......the reason:there is no way we can get the pictures that it
>renders onto a video tape.....The original plan was to render pictures out
>onto an external, and hook the external onto an Amiga w/
>frame-by-frame-recorder, and use CrossDOS to go between the two...but when
>we try to load the images, but for some reason the Amiga thinks there's
>nothing on the disk.......It was a serious lack of foresight on our part not
>to actually make sure this would work. If anybody knows what we're doing
>wrong, or another method of getting the images onto video please
>post/e-mail. (PAR/DPS cards are a little out of reach)kind of blew the
>budget on the Raptor.

If memory serves, I thought the CrossDOS filesys that comes with AmigaDOS
is somewhat crippled and didn't support hard drives (or removables). I could never 
verify this because I've always had the commercial version.

-- 
   ////   Douglas J. Nakakihara
   * *     ELECTRICAL LANGUAGE
    ~        Simi Valley, CA